Friday, June 7, 2013

in the garden - starting anew


My new garden
Providence, RI

*

Imagining and building a garden is a life long affair. Understanding your yard, the path of the sun, what the earth will grow or discard, the flow of color - all this takes time and ....... patience. I have been digging out grass to create beds, moving bushes and established plantings, and of course adding new color and variety. Covered in dirt at the end of a very arduous day I feel a great sense of accomplishment and in my mind's eye I can see the daisies, coreopsis, salvia and others filled out and fully occupying their places in the garden. However, in reality ...... it still seems so empty. 
Time and nourishment will allow it all to fill in according to plan and I must simply wait and continue to tend it daily. 

2 comments: