Wednesday, May 1, 2013

in the studio - backing up


Woman in hat
9 1/2" x 7 1/2"

*

Note to self - do NOT make art promises to oneself while:
1. Completing work contracts you are being paid for.
2. In the process of buying and refurbishing a house.
3. Planning a family vacation.
4. And especially when you are doing all the above at the same time.

Needless to say, trying to be creative and producing 4 new collages a week is not actually happening right now. For the first week and a half I was truly on a roll. But as of right now - I have 6 pieces done and 4 new pieces in various states of "where is this going".  Today I organized my work table and kind of, officially, put them all aside until I return from vacation at the end of May. Hoping that the travels will provide new inspiration, photos, and maybe even some new maps - I am planning to visit some notable flea markets in both Reykjavik and Amsterdam! And, once we are settled in our new home sometime in June - I will actually have real space to use as a studio! 
I guess there will be no more excuses........

1 comment: