Friday, July 11, 2014

in the studio - calm before the storm


Fireworks
India Point Park
Providence, RI

*


There is a lull between when you hear a firework being set off and it actually exploding. A brief stillness connecting the ground with the trajectory and then, finally, it reaches the right altitude 
and
 BANG.  

*

I am currently in that kind of lull, that quiet moment when everything has been put into motion and one waits for it to actually begin. Two weeks till we start building the costumes, 3 weeks till rehearsals start.
Sketches are done, all copies have been made for the costume
shop, the fabric is bought, lists are made.......
And now I worry. 
A lot.

Second guessing; will it work? is it too bold? is it not bold enough? is the palette too tight? 
is my vision clear? does it need to be clear?
Ugh!!!
Obviously, I need to let it go for the next few weeks and focus elsewhere.

*


Having cleaned my studio of everything to do with the play (at least until Aug 4th) 
I am now trying to immerse myself again in my art work. Feed the mind. 
Looking thru my sketchbooks for ideas and pulling out and re-connecting 
with unfinished experiments. 
It's a puzzle to unlock.
Then it will be a puzzle to create.

I also worked on my Gallery page. 
I grouped the art work into categories - Past Work, Portraits, Stitched - with each 
having their own page. 
I also added the start of an artist's statement ...... or maybe it's the whole thing.
Don't know.

*










1 comment: