Sunday, July 26, 2015

in the garden - a quiet season

Round Midnight Lily
my new favorite beauty!

*

I have not been in the garden much this year.  Too many other commitments. 
I planted so many new things over the last two years that a season of seeing what is actually working is probably a good thing. 
It was such a tough winter that a lot lot my plantings had fewer blooms - at least that is what I am chalking it up to!

Other than moving a few hostas and adding some wildflower seeds I had no big garden event this year! But, this past weekend we did finally make something we had been talking about for a year.
A sun sail shade for our tiny back deck.
Although the sun sail shade is not "technically" an "in" the garden project - it is, however, a "for" the garden project. And yes, technically, I was inside more than outside while constructing it. 
But..... I am going to consider it a garden related activity and post it here.

Besides the fact that I can't believe we did it at all! 
And thank you to Tim for keeping my will in the game!


our covered deck

*

Most of the early summer blooms are gone but the hydrangeas just keep being prolific and beautiful. And those hardy summer flowers give color continually - love them. Thank you shasta daisy, lianthus, black eyed susans, and cone flowers!

I am already thinking about next summer .......
what shall I plant?

*


Nasturtiums 

*

Backyard walkway

*

Rose of Sharon


*


Black Eyed Susans

*

Echinacea and wildflowers mix it up

*


and because they are so beautiful.....

*

No comments:

Post a Comment