Sunday, May 4, 2014

on the street - a different perspective


Garden at the Mount Hope Community Baptist Church
Providence, RI

*


Warm winds from the west and flowers blooming everywhere. 
A new season has truly begun.

*

I finally finished and uploaded the last work for my online class today and although I am saddened to see it end.... it is time to move on. The class has consumed me for the last 8 weeks and I have some new and exciting challenges ahead of me. 
I am designing the costumes for "Ivanov" - the opening production for the 2013-14 season at 
here in Providence, RI !!!!

I am both thrilled and nervous by the prospect! And although we do not begin rehearsals until August, there is a lot for me to accomplish before then. 
Like actually designing the play ...... based on the director's wishes, the production will not be a Chekovian 'period piece' and will include a contemporary rock band on stage along with the cast. 
A mash up of looks and time periods - but one that must blend together seamlessly so that the audience believes in the world we are creating. 
A challenge indeed.

*

So here's to hoping that designing a show is like riding a bicycle ...... 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this great project. Your photo reminded me of a documentary we watched called MARWENCAL. You would like it… The artist creates a whole world. Shine on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all come back to you as you never lost it. The amazing costume designer in you lives on...you just need to excavate it!

    ReplyDelete